We are Artists in Business
and it is our aim to provide opportunities for artists and designer/makers to showcase their work and sell direct to the public. We accept hand made only – we do not accept fair trade, bought in or mass produced goods. We are based in West Yorkshire and we host our Contemporary Arts Markets in Ilkley, Haworth and Keighley.

To apply for a table at our Arts Markets please email
jo.artsbiz@gmail.com

Monday 16 May 2011

Smashing China


One of our newest traders is Katherine Sainsbury of Smashing China Mosaics. Unlike the usual smashing of tiles and pasting random pieces, Katherine's designs are planned and considered, using vintage china.


"I began creating mosaics around two years ago when I had the idea of combining my passion for colour and pattern with my love of vintage and retro china. I see pieces of old patterned china as fluid, malleable materials that inspire the composition of evocative and vibrant mosaics". 


Katherine's art reminds me of the mosaics of artists and designer Candace Bahouth whose fantastic mosaics can be seen HERE
Smashing China Mosaics will be at Handmade at Ilkley on Saturday 28 May at Riddings Hall, Ilkley.  Come and say Hello and see Katherine's beautiful mosaic mirrors and candle sticks. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello I love your blog, it is so inspirational, especially for me as new blogger finding my feet still. It is well written, the photos are bright and engaging and I always feel welcomed. Keep up the good work. Wish I lived in West Yorkshire!!!!!! Will pop by again soon

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT - WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.